Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Know Your Purpose

I just found this great PERFECT video on lds.org. It is an RM (Ashlee) being interviewed by a prospective sister missionary (Laura). She asks the perfect questions and the RM gives the perfect answeres. I love, love, love, love it! I am so sad that I can't get it show up, but here is the link:


Here are some of my favorite moments!

 Returned Missionary, Ashlee:
 "Growing up I always wanted to go foreign...when I got my call and was like, San Diego?! But then I said, okay why do you want to go on a mission? If you want to go see stuff, take a trip to Europe...but if you want to love the Lord and love his people and serve a mission, then serve a mission."

I love this. I think we should all take a step back and truly ask ourselves,


"Why do I want to serve a mission?"


"Missions are about inviting others to come to Christ. That's our purpose, and missions are incredible...but, they're hard. And the more that you can prepare for them beforehand, the better it is when you get there...it is not that I was a prefect Preach My Gospel missionary, but 
God makes up for where you lack."

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great point, Emily. It doesn't matter where you are called, just serve with all your heart and you will be an amazing missionary.

    When is your call due?

    ReplyDelete